Same dress, different woman


Speaking about putting a base piece to more uses, what do you think about this? It certainly responds to my need of change and "adventure", of starting from the same point but taking a side route and arriving to something altogether different. 
It also gives me that sense of satisfaction that you get when the things in your wardrobe just click together, like a puzzle that falls into place.
For all these reasons and more, I love this outfit. Not bad for a cheap dress that I picked for my shop - it never made it there, fits far too well in my wardrobe - and a cardigan that mum knitted out of remnants from a different project! 

.

The forest green and wine red are yummy together, and I like the off center/asymmetric fastening illusion coming from the sides that overlap - they are not meant to, but since the cardi is quite roomy it allows me to do this. I have fastened it in place with pins for a style that is more 30's sympathetic.


I have accessorized with a 1930's Robin Hood style hat, a tiny treasure that comes in dark green velvet. It has a grosgrain bow that is in need of a trim, but even so, it has to be the star of this ensemble.


A Deco "hide" clutch in two tones of green, one of the favorites in my collection, and just the thing for this outfit!
Finally, another pair of Poetic Licence shoes, I am a fan of what they produced a few seasons ago.