New hat

My new little hat!!!
This was advertised as a 1920s cloche hat. Now I am far from being the fashion expert, but to me this little cutie looks more 30's in style. Sure you can wear it molded to your head, in which case it looks like a skull cap, but a cloche?! Anyway, it was not a cloche that I was hoping for and definitely not a cloche turned up. Instead I got this crochet sweetie that makes me smile every time I look at it.

As soon as it arrived I couldn't resist but take it out for a stroll. So we went up the hill and fooled around. I am not even wearing it in a 30's sympathetic way (I will next time!), and it's the other way around, with the silver ball hat pin at the back.

I am also wearing a jumper knitted by my mother for herself in the 70's, which is far too short for me in the sleeves, but it would be silly to let that get in the way, wouldn't it? I decided I can still wear it with the sleeves rolled up, but they had rolled down again by the time of the pics. Oh well...

And there's my beloved cherry brooch, a Russian amber piece from the 50's. It was my first Etsy purchase from sakatagin and one of my most treasured possessions in terms of jewelery.

With all this mix, the overall effect is a bit 40's, but that's probably to do with the hair style and army colors rather than anything else. And I was not exactly trying to salute in that pic, it just came out like that half way through a pose. 'Cause I don't know about vintage, but I sure do goofy.