Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie

::Meowwww::
Welcome back my furriends.  I wanted to meow about some important tasks that us garden cats have to perform in order to keep our humans on track.    Every year mom and dad prepare the beds under my careful snoopervision.  This year they were so lazy busy they brought in some other humans to help us.  It was kind of nice having more responsibility. 
Once the beds were ready and mom showed up with plants, my job is to sit in the dirt and point my paws to the proper placement of the plants.  There is no way mom could do this without me.
Another task is to make sure that each new plant feels welcome and loved.  Plants come from the garden center a bit scared since they have left the home they once knew.  Kind of like a kitten leaving a shelter.

I make sure I lick the plants and purr on them.  They are family now.
Garden art is important too.  I don't know why, but it helps the plants be happy.



Since it's been cold and damp we were late in getting the garden started, but it's better late than never!

I'll sign off with a photo of our red poppy.  The bees are loving them.  I love them too.