Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie


::Meowwww:

I know I look like I'm relaxing in my garden...but don't be fooled.   I'm in an undisclosed location.  Some of you may be aware of a certain "situation" over at my furriend Katie's condo.  A certain mousie met her demise and rumor has it that I might know "something".

This photo was taken last weekend before the crime scene was discovered.


There was an "undisclosed" witness to the events.  Not that I'm admitting anything, but some of my furriends recognized me and the story leaked.  I'm not safe in my own backyard.


Anyway...before this whole mess happened, we had an awesome time in the garden with my dad and mom.  We have a beloved climbing Peace Rose.   We love it because it has a special story.  See, mom and dad rescued it from the garden center.


One day...a long time ago, mom and dad were at the local garden center.  They were in line to pay for their plants when a horrid man came up to the counter loudly complaining about the rose plant he bought from them.  He said the rose "would not bloom".  He was mean and awful to the staff and he slammed the poor rose plant in it's container onto the counter and demanded his money...which of course they gave to him quickly to get him out of there.

Sigh.  So after he left....

Of course mom and dad said...if I were a rose I wouldn't bloom for him either!  And so mom and dad...being the next in line quickly offered to rehome the unloved Peace Rose.  And so they brought it home and quickly planted it.


Wouldn't you know...this misfit Peace Rose is the most prolific bloomer!  Every year it thanks us for giving it a loving home by producing a kazillion gorgeous roses!

Well my furriends, I gotta go...hopefully the mousie mystery over at Katie and Glogirly's bloggie will be resolved soon!