Happy Gotcha Day Grete!



I'm interrupting this "Mitten Monday" to put my paw down...and take over the day in my own honor!  Yes furriends, it's my 4th Gotcha Day!

Mom and dad got a little forgetful...I mean May is a busy month, with Ellie's Birthday, Cory and Ellie's Gotcha Day...it's enough partying to wear us all out!   These are the photos from my very first day at home.   I had been in the ::pound:: picked up as a stray.   I was in a concrete kennel surrounded by barking noisy dogs.  I hated it.  I wouldn't eat.


Little did I know that on May 21st, 2008, my future mom was searching Petfinder.com while she was at work.  Mom and dad were heartbroken because guardian angel woofie Colby had run off to the Bridge in March.  They were dogless...

So when mom saw my photo and read my story, she immediately called dad...she arranged to take a 1/2 day vacation and off they went.   For me!


So...anyway, they get there and there are all these woofies barking and making a fuss and jumping up and down.  There I was...good as gold sitting there quiet in my kennel.  They brought me out, talked to me...and I made my move.  Yes, I planted a little kiss on mom's face.  

Worked like a charm because next thing you know their car door opened and I hopped in!!!

Thing is...the joke was on my mom and dad.  I'm not quiet.  Not at all.


This is me in my yard earlier this week.  I'm loving the life as a professional cat herder and all around good (and noisy) dog!