When the stripe meets the coat

 Minerva patterns

...When the stripe meets the coat it becomes something else. Something like a mouse that got himself a big piece of cheese - my face below tells that story :)


1920's medium weight wool coat with a most interesting woven pattern, a recent etsy purchase. My most expensive vintage buy so far, although nothing compared to some of the prices out there, and definitely worth every little penny.


Lucite frame bag with a a woven fabric body - this abstract pattern was love at first sight!


My accessories also include my posh Alfred Sargent shoes and a rabbit felt hat whose rather floppy brim originally I have folded the life out of in order to fathom a cloche. 


And here is the full situation. Did I mention how happy I am about this coat? I am soooooooooooo happy! 
I can't thank enough the lovely Veronica from Some Like it Vintage on etsy who kindly reserved it for me and let me pay for it in two installments. That really helped, as I am one who's forever skint :)

Until next time, I leave you in the company of this wonderful and inspirational picture of Norma Shearer in 1927 that holds the record of having caused the most amount of drool in present company to date. Isn't this just the coolest outfit ever?! Speaking of which, I need a pair of patterned tights/socks with some urgency...


via soyouthinkyoucansee tumblr