How do you like your Garbo?

Garbo in 1931, via nomadpoetry tumblr

 My oldest girl-crush, dating to the time when as I child I watched for the first time Grand Hotel, Greta Garbo has remained over the years a source of fascination and wonder.

I like her young
 
via whywonder tumblr

photographed by Ruth Harriet Louise, 1926, via paperspots tumblr
 
I like her sporty
via cinemaemcena tumblr

 via ticstar tumblr

in The Kiss, via doctormacro

  I like her mannish

via anpham tumblr

via doctormacro
and I like her moody

via the islandofshalott tumblr 

 vampish

in Goldenlight, via whywonder tumblr 

 all woman

  via whatalovelydame tumblr

 sinful and fatale
in The Temptress, via doctormacro

yet a pure, out of this world beauty
credits as above

Playfully seductive


 credits as above

 and completely seduced - yet far away, intangible still:


with John Gilbert in Flesh and the Devil, 1926
pics via timetravelteam and whywonder tumblr

I like her modest get ups in Anna Christie:
via doctormacro

and the ostentatiously glam astrakhan, giving her the air of a Russian princess, in Romance:
Romance, 1930, photos by G Durrell
via fascinationdreams and sourvix tumblr

I like her in velvet
 via doctormacro

 in knits:

in a Woman of Affairs, via doctormacro

via fusckyesoldhollywood tumblr

and in pyjamas

via laqueredinblack tumblr

I like her hatless


and I most certainly like her hatted!


 via doctormacro

 I even like the defensive smile
 via sourvix tumblr

the disbelief
via phi1123581321 tumblr
 the frown
 via therubythroatedsparrow tumblr

and ALL that drama.
The Temptress, via doctormacro