Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie

::Meowwww::

Welcome back to my garden!  It's a good thing that I got some work done last weekend.  We had a big rain and wind storm move in on Wednesday so I won't be headed back to the garden any time soon.

I had a VERY productive weekend and I can hardly wait to show you!

Let's get this party started mom.  My club members are here... 

Do I have to claw your leg to get your attention?

There, that's better!  I love you too mom.

Now...on to my garden.

Dad got out his shovel when I pawed at the beet garden.  I reminded him that the beets were telling me that it was time to come out of the dirt.  I could tell by the way the dirt felt under my paws that they were ready, but sometimes you have to listen too.

Yes dad...the potatoes wanted to come out too.

Good job Dad.  You know what?  I'm a great gardener, but when it comes to digging out the veggies, my paws need help.  Dad is much more talented with a shovel than I'll ever be.

See what teamwork can do?  There were carrots that were ready to harvest so we dug them up too.  One of the best things about being a garden cat is being able to provide for my family.  They always oooh and aaaaah when they see what I've grown.  It's a much better response than showing up with a deaded mousie.

I always wait for Dad when he puts away the garden tools.  I wouldn't dream of leaving him alone to do that by himself.

So...when you saw Figgy and Bennette snoozing earlier this week?  Yeah...I was there too with Dad.  After a hard day's work in the garden, we deserve a rest.

Purrs.