Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie


::Meowwww::

Good to see everyone this week.  This time of year in the garden can be hard on a gardencat.  There is so much work to do!  I advise all my furriends to sharpen their claws well before starting on a days work. 

I can see that my dad has been slacking.  This was one of many little baby trees that were growing in my nice grass.  I took my paw and pointed it out and dad got to work ripping them out.  Under my snoopervision of course.

Then I made sure that BOTH mom and dad got busy pulling weeds out of the vegetable garden.  It was more like a weed garden before I whapped them back to work.  I can purr easily now knowing that the vegetables have a fighting chance.

The flowers are lovely.  See how the white of the phlox looks fabulous with the purple of the butterfly bush?  I like how both colors look great with grey furs.

Even the pears are starting to look like they are ready to eat.  We will have to be patient because they are still hard.  I have to watch out for fruit that falls from the trees since I don't want to get bonked on the noggin.  

I'm purring that our sunny weather stays for awhile.  We waited so long for a bit of warmth and sunshine this summer that I''m going to appreciate every minute of it!  For all the kitties who are dealing with storms and stuff, please teleport over to my garden.  It's purrfect!