Society of Feline Gardeners- Thursday in the Garden with Jonesie

::meowwwww::

Welcome back to my garden!

We've been having issues with our corn this year.  For the past couple of years, the corn has been wonderful.  This year there is only one ear per stalk and they keep falling down.  Mom tried to blame the raccoons, but I think the corn might be doing it to itself.  I investigated with dad's help.

I stayed close as dad staked up the little stalks to give them a fighting chance.  It won't be long until we can eat them so we aren't giving up!

As a garden cat I know that you must be patient and give your vegetables all the help they can get.   I can't hold them up with my paws so dad has to intervene with some stakes and some string.
Meanwhile the flowers are blooming.  Our dahlia is showing off a bit.

The Japanese anemone is also starting to bloom nicely.

Figaro shows interest in the harvest from our fig tree.  Figaro thinks it's the "Figgy" tree...

He wasn't sure he wanted to eat the fig...

So dad ate it for him.  Figgy just sniffed at it.

Once our garden day was done, I joined my dad while he enjoyed a glass of wine.  He always tells me what a great garden cat I am.

This makes me purrrrr.